Photo Credit:  Chris Rutsch.
Photo Credit: Chris Rutsch.

It was an awesome night!  The Wolf Pack defeated the Hershey Bears 6-3 in game six to move onto the Eastern Conference Finals!  They will take on the Manchester Monarchs and game one will be on Thursday in Manchester.  Yann Danis stopped 23 out of 26 shots in net.  Marek Hrivik recorded the hat trick.  Michael Kostka, Joey Crabb, and Carl Klingberg notched a goal as well.  The whole team as a whole played great.  They continue to roll.

Game Recap

The start was not the best.  Only 1:24 in and the Bears took a 1-0 lead as the defense was too laid back.  The Pack shrugged it off immediately and began to take control of the game slowly.  They had tremendous pressure and had excellent chances.  At the 9:02 mark, Marek Hrivik tied the game as he tapped it in.  Brady Skjei and Chris Bourque recorded the assists.  The rest of the frame was scoreless, but the Pack were pouring it on as they took a sixteen to seven shots advantage.  They were coming close.  The second started excellent as they carried over the momentum from the first.  Only 1:26 in, Marek Hrivik converted on another solid chance to give the Pack a 2-1 lead.  Chris Bourque recorded the lone assist.  Then at the 5:39 mark, the Bears tied it up with a short-handed goal as the defense was caught off guard.  After a couple of shifts later, the Pack got it right back at the nine minute mark as Michael Kostka had a nice shot to give Hartford a 3-2 lead.  Oscar Lindberg and Joey Crabb recorded the assists.  The frame was a bit more even.  The Bears had great chances as well and Yann Danis stood tall.  At the 16:37 mark, Joey Crabb was being aggressive on the penalty kill and it paid off as he had a nice shot to give Hartford a 4-2 lead.  Oscar Lindberg recorded the lone assist as this was a short-handed goal, which was consistent in the series.  The third was tougher.  The Bears were playing desperate and the Pack held them off well.  Both clubs were playing physical.  As the Bears had too much zone time in one of their plays, it made the Pack pay.  At the 12:44 mark, it was back-handed in to cut the lead to 4-3.  It did not take long for the Pack to respond.  At the 14:14 mark, Carl Klingberg had a beautiful wrist shot that went top shelf to give Hartford a 5-3 lead.  The assists were given to Ryan Haggerty and Dylan McIlrath.  It was a huge goal as there was plenty of time left.  It became gritty and they held it well.  Yann Danis was tremendous.  As the seconds were dying down, the Bears pulled their goalies.  The defense buckled down.  It paid off at the 19:24 mark as Marek Hrivik recorded the hat trick.  It was 6-3 Hartford.  Chris Bourque and Tommy Hughes were the helpers.  All is good!!

Final Thoughts

This team is playing wonderful as a group.  Every line is clicking.  The defense is helping out Yann Danis.  They know how to get it done.  Even if they are down, they still attempt to come back and be successful.  Everyone contributed.  It’s hard to stop this group.  The attitude always been positive as well.

Ricky’s 3 Stars

  1. Marek Hrivik
  2. Chris Bourque
  3. Oscar Lindberg

Game Notes

  • Both clubs registered a short-handed goal.
  • This is the first time since the 2003-04 season that the Wolf Pack are going to the Eastern Conference Finals.
  • The schedule will be posted tomorrow.
  • Marek Hrivik recorded a hat trick in Hartford.  The last time it happened was in the 2009 season.
  • Joey Crabb recorded one goal and one assist.
  • Chris Bourque recorded three assists.
  • Oscar Lindberg recorded two assists.